Monday, March 26, 2012

Juice Reboot Day 1

I am going to eat nothing but fresh juice for the next 10 days!
Yes, I said 10 DAYS!
Over the weekend I watched a great documentary about health and eating. I finally decided that I just need to do it! I mean I eat pretty healthy as it is but I can't seem to lose my extra 25 pounds. I do not eat meat and I eat very little dairy products. My diet is mainly veggies and starches. The problem is that it is NOT difficult to be vegan/vegetarian and still have a diet full of high sugar, highly refined, nutrient devoid processed food. And I am a sucker for some sugar and salt laden snack foods! Aren't we all?
The documentary was not about juicing but it featured several juice experts. One of which, Joe Cross, has his own documentary that showed his journey to better health on a juice cleanse. I had seen this before and thought, "What a great idea, I should do a juice cleanse and lose the weight and feel better and get past my vegan junk food cravings!" Of course, that was months ago and I didn't get a juicer until yesterday! :) 

I bought a Jack Lalanne Juicer used from someone on Facebook for $65! It works great and was less than half of the retail price. I suggest reading a few reviews about which juicer would be best. I am glad that I found this deal but the spout is a little low. I wish I could fit a bigger container under it so that I would make less mess! The one that Joe uses juices into a special container that you can store juice in or pour from. If I ever get another, I want one like his!
Jack Lalanne PJP Power Juicer Pro Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer 
So far so good, right? Well, I have only had breakfast and it is getting close to lunch time! I am feeling pretty hungry and not so much looking forward to having a big glass of green stuff as my only meal. I can do it though! 



My morning juice:
1 green apple
1 gala apple
1 banana
1/4 small beet
a large handful of baby carrots
a handful of spinach
1" chunk of ginger










My lunch and dinner juice:
2 green apples
5 whole leaves of kale
2 large handful of spinach
2 stalks of celery
1 cucumber
1 lime (peeled)
1" chunk of ginger

Word to the wise:
Do NOT use more than 1/4 beet at one time and never drink beet juice by itself. Eating too much can cause paralysis to the vocal cords, rashes, increase in blood sugar and upset stomach! Here is a list of benefits and potential side effects. 

I've heard and read that the first few days are rough so wish me luck as I start my own journey to a better me!



No comments:

Post a Comment